Our passion for chocolate originates back to 1915 when Gustav Berning began producing chocolate in Osnabrück. Thirty-five years later, the founder of the company passed on his successful enterprise to Heribert Schierbaum who, shortly afterwards, had to expand capacities and decided to relocate the factory.
In 1970, Uwe Schierbaum took over his father's company. The company had been growing steadily and was always fond of its location, the city and region of Osnabrück. Hence, the choice of a new and significantly larger location in this region was easy. In 1973, production was relocated to its current site at Alte Heerstraße 1 in Georgsmarienhütte, adjacent to the City of Osnabrück.
This location still offers great potential for expansion, as the company keeps growing. Several additions, modernisations and renovations demonstrate the success of the chocolate factory Gustav Berning. Under the direction of Markus Wessendarp since 2005, the company continuously strives to stay on this visible path of success. Our awareness of tradition and the desire to innovate have been responsible for this positive development - and this will also be true in future.
Facts and figures
Country of activity
Minimum Order Quantities
Countries of activity